Often referred to as the ‘fountain of youth’, collagen is a trending topic in the domain of beauty and skincare. It is the most abundant protein found in your body and is a major component of the connective tissues that make up the muscles, ligaments, tendons and various other body parts. Collagen Supplements for skin can help in keeping it youthful and firm. This protein can also help strengthen bones, boost muscle mass, as well as improve hair and nail health.
There are multiple ways to boost collagen in your body, such as:
- Getting massages regularly: Massaging the skin can contribute to stimulating collagen production and aid it to look naturally younger and radiant. Your muscle memory may also improve with regular massages. It tones muscles, especially in the face, which would improve blood circulation and retain the tightness of the skin. This would further augment the transport of nutrients to the skin and tissues.
- Enjoying a restful slumber: Beauty sleep is not just a vague phrase. In fact, sleep can be a great collagen Supplement for the skin. Once you start getting proper sleep at night, the collagen levels in your body actually increase, making your skin look more radiant than before. However, it is vital to get 7 hours of sleep regularly to produce collagen.
- Lifting weights: It is widely believed that lifting weights can augment collagen in the bones. You can try out certain specific types of workouts, like rows, squats, and bench presses to boost collagen production. Multiple high-density workouts stimulate collagen production.
Ways to Boost Collagen in Your Body
- Consuming more berries: Including berries into your diet can be a great move, as they are a great source of collagen. Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries are particularly the ones that are loaded with antioxidants that aid in fighting off the radicals that may create hurdles during the production of collagen.
- Going for steam bath therapy: Choosing to go for a sauna or steam bath therapy can prove to be quite helpful in increasing collagen and HGH production. A desiccated infrared sauna can be ideal for the process, as it is infiltrated deep inside your body. The deeper they go, the more collagen shall be produced.
- Eating foods rich in vitamin C: You need vitamin C to synthesize hyaluronic acid. For several years, hyaluronic acid has been recognized for relieving painful joints and accelerating recovery times. However, in the absence of adequate vitamin C levels, your body will be unable to enjoy the optimal advantages of food items featuring hyaluronic acid.
- According to studies, hyaluronic acid can help boost collagen production in the body. While hyaluronic acid is naturally present in the body, its levels start to decrease with a person’s age. Consuming food items rich in amino acids and vitamin C can go a long way in elevating the levels of hyaluronic acid and collagen in the body. Both of them are quite important for good skin. Many food items found in the market are rich in vitamin C, including red peppers, strawberries, oranges, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and kale.
You must also note that eating too many refined carbohydrates and sugar may cause inflammation, damaging collagen in your body. The sun’s harsh ultraviolet rays can also damage collagen in your skin and lead to its breakdown. This may cause the formation of abnormal elastin fibers. Hence, you must not forget to apply sun protection while stepping out of the home during day time. Tobacco smoke may also cause damage to collagen.
In many cases, the ways to boost collagen mentioned above are not enough to get the perfect radiant skin you may want. Moreover, it is not always possible to go for regular massages or sauna treatment due to your hectic lifestyle. Not all people get 7 hours of sleep as well. But collagen is a necessity for youthful skin, and you should proactively try to increase its levels in your body. One of the best ways to do so is to try out skin collagen boosters and hair and skin vitamins supplements. neuherbs offers a plant-based collagen booster that delivers a variety of vitamins that helps in increasing collagen levels, along with hyaluronic acid and essential fats.
Collagen is so important to skin health and beauty, but sadly, our society lacks collagen in its diets. There are many ways to consume collagen, especially through food such as yogurt, egg whites, and cows’ milk. Foods like fish can also be a great source of these vitamins, accompanied by natural sunlight too. In addition, many traditional medicines have been used throughout history to aid with skin issues such as wrinkles and scars. However, the most important part of this regimen is the skin; make sure you protect it with collagen supplements!