There will be a time when businesses and people need to relocate. Before moving in, they may want their new location cleaned.Like that, an establishment owner expects his old location to be cleaned and picked up after moving out. Cleaning services called move-out / move-in cleaning are usually requested for establishments such as apartments, houses, and buildings. As a result, you can increase profits if you own a cleaning company offering different cleaning services.
A move-out / move-in cleaning is required when a tenant moves from one place to another. Cleaning companies will clean up the mess of a new or old building. Moving in and out cleaning services vary according to the location’s size. Starting in a minor job is recommended when you are a newbie in offering this type of cleaning service. The size of the job will depend on the size of the building. Equinox Cleaning offers move-out/cleaning services for small apartment buildings and homes.
Providing Move-in/out Cleaning Services
Get in touch with property management companies if you’re interested in providing move-in/out cleaning services. If you live in a residential area or a college town, there won’t be a shortage of work for you. There is no doubt that many clients will contact you if they need to move out/in cleaning services if your company has cleaned commercial buildings before.
You will be able to estimate the time you need to spend cleaning the entire building if you cooperate with a proper on-site manager at the beginning. Once you and the on-site property manager have built a rapport, you may wish to bill the cleaning services according to the time spent cleaning. There is a high likelihood that your clients require specialized cleaning services, such as carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, and floor polishing. You can charge separately for these services. This means you will make more money.
Depending on the facility you will clean, you may have different prices for moving out and moving in cleaning. $20 – $25 is the ideal fee for moving out and moving in cleaning. The majority of apartments and houses are less profitable due to the limited budget for cleaning services in New Jersey. Many properties, therefore, prefer flat-rate fees. It would help if you were careful when bidding, as you may realize that you lost profits because you overlooked the deadline.
It does not matter whether you clean apartments or office buildings. When offering move-out/in cleaning services, you may want to consider some helpful steps and measures. This will enable you to ensure the satisfaction of your customers.
Here are a few tips for moving out cleaning services for your business:
1. Identify the extent to which the building needs a cleaning team. Two to four persons can be ideal if the facility requires a few people to clean, like small apartments or houses.
2. Make sure specific cleaning tasks are assigned to staff with specialized skills to complete them faster and more conveniently. For example, Equinox Cleaning will give an expert window cleaner to a Cleaning company to clean windows and glass panels.
3. The Cleaning team leader is responsible for bringing and gathering all the equipment and tools used in cleaning the building before and after the cleaning process.
4. Ensure all the utilities are functioning before starting the cleaning process. Water is necessary to clean the flooring and tiles. Electricity is required to run the vacuum. Therefore, you should consider all of these aspects before beginning the cleaning process.
5. Ensure you pick up all the heavy and oversized trash before vacuuming. This will allow you to clean the room without disturbance and hassle.
6. Make sure to clean correctly. Cleaning services for moving out and in are highly dependent on this. To make the job easier and faster, it is advisable to use a backpack vacuum. In addition, it would help if you vacuumed from top to bottom, along with baseboards, light fixtures, blinds, and windows. Also, improve your cleaning process by better cleaning cabinets and drawer tops instead of wiping them.
Read More: Home Cleaning Service Cost
7. Once you have vacuumed the room, clean the walls and other surfaces of the stuck dirt and grime. Cleaning furniture, floors, and walls can be done with chemicals and detergents. Concentrated chemicals should be used instead of ready-to-use ones, as you will save more money.
8. Use concentrated fumes for heavy stains and dirt. Ensure that the room is well ventilated to don’t breathe the fumes. To prevent suffocation or breathing problems, employees should wear appropriate protective gear.
9. Proper cleaning supplies such as paper towels, microfiber cloths, and terry cloth rags should be used.
To remove dust, use green microfiber cloths; clean windows and glass surfaces, blue; and clean restrooms and countertops, red and yellow.
10. Using brushes of different kinds makes scrubbing sinks and tiles easier. For example, a grout brush is helpful for ceramic surfaces and tiles. A toothbrush is recommended for faucets.
11. The floor should also be cleaned. It would help if you used a backpack vacuum to remove all dirt and dust from the tops. Then, use a cloth soaked in chemicals to remove any remaining stains and dirt.