How Can I Write Well And Effectively On The Blog? – Content is the king, content is one of the most important aspects of your blog, and you should take care of it, but what are the expert advice and books that can help you write effective blog posts? Find out in this article.
Among the fundamental characteristics of a blog, the importance of writing should not be underestimated.
Learning to write for a blog will allow you to grow, get traffic, conversions and results: a good article can be of great help for your insurance business, and for your business, you shouldn’t write articles simply to ” publish one article a day “.
A good habit, if you want to manage the blog professionally, is the creation of an editorial plan, a base that will allow you to better manage the contents of your site by giving shape and content in an organized way (much better than getting up in the morning and start thinking and what can I publish today? ).
Today there is a lot of talk about inbound marketing, or that particular branch of marketing that aims to be found by potential customers through content created specifically to respond to the wishes of potential customers, thus capturing their interest.
Why write a quality/value article?
A short bulleted list will allow you to understand why I think you should focus a lot on the quality of your content/articles:
- You will get more traffic to your blog;
- You can improve your brand awareness (or your brand);
- You will get more conversions or requests for advice.
Once there was talk of 300-word articles, today my advice is to fully respond to the needs of the user who will land on your site/blog, without giving too much importance to the number of words your article has.
Copywriting and Blogging strategies
A strategy is a key to getting results with your blog. Do you know what the goal of your blog and article is?
Or do you move randomly with the aim of “increasing the number of visitors” on your site? Having clear why you are writing an article will allow you to lead your blog to success, a bit like the captain of a ship, with his compass, will take the ship to its destination, that’s why, before starting to write, you should always frame your goal.
It is clear that a blog is made up of many mistakes and mistakes, but a strategy will allow you to have a clear path to follow and the objectives to be achieved, which is why it is important, periodically, to make a work plan for the management of your site. , evaluating the progress of the site, the results achieved and the mistakes made.
Having clear your goal will make it easier for you to write an effective post: with a strategy, and clear objectives, when you start writing you will know exactly what you want to achieve with that article and what is the path you are taking to achieve it.
Who is the recipient of your article?
When you start creating your article, if you want it to be effective, or if you want to write the perfect post, you should have a clear idea of your ideal reader, the person who will enter that article, and the content they will want to find inside.
Only in this way, in fact, will you be able to understand what the needs and requirements of your reader are, answering his questions in a sort of dialogue – a conversation that will guide him step by step towards your goal and his goal.
If you don’t know what your audience is looking for, perhaps you should try to analyze other blogs in the sector and try to read the comments received, going to identify:
- The needs;
- The tone of voice;
- The tastes;
- Frequently asked questions
This will allow you to understand how to blog effectively. Remember that you should never write for yourself, for the pleasure of doing it, if you want to achieve certain objectives: study your target audience and write down on a sheet of paper or on a document what are the recurring keywords, the most used terms, frequently asked questions.
tips: if you don’t have time to go and study your competitors there are paid tools like SEMRush that allow you to do in-depth and quick searches with useful suggestions for keywords and topics to be covered on your blog!
How to Write Effectively on a Blog?
At this point we have identified:
- The needs, tastes, and requests of our users;
- The tone of voice, that is the writing style we want to adopt;
- The goals we want to achieve with our blog;
- The Keywords to use within the articles and that can bring us traffic and visitors.
So we can start our blogging business and start writing for our readers – typical users, paying attention to punctuation, grammar, and text formatting, but we start with the structure of the article: does the perfect article structure exist?
Without bringing up those who are web writers, or people specialized in writing for the web, let’s try to understand what are the guidelines to be adopted to write effectively: there is no magic formula, but there are many suggestions that can make the difference between a good article and a poor quality article.
When you are ready to write your article choose the cut you want to give:
- Will it be a pillar article?
- Will it be a tutorial?
- Will it be news?
- Will it be a sales item?
- Will it be a lead generation article?
Try to give variety to the type of articles on your site and always create an iceberg or pyramid structure: at the top of the main information, the more you go down and the more you deepen the topic.
4 Tips for optimizing the article on the SEO side
SEO is essential for the success of a blog: if you manage to position yourself you can get traffic, visitors, and conversions, therefore, to write on a blog effectively, you will certainly have to pay attention to the optimization of an article.
To do this I want to give you here 4 tips that will allow you to optimize your article:
- Choose the main keyword of your article: this should be present in the URL of the article (permalink), within the article, and perhaps as the title of a paragraph, all without exaggerating, the article must be smooth and pleasant to read, not full of keywords, your credibility/reputation is at stake;
- Expand the primary topic with the “related” ones: for each keyword, there are many related terms and topics, inserting them in the article in a structured way will allow you to create complete, valuable, and interesting content in the eyes of users and Google;
- The structure of the article: each article should have an introduction and paragraphs (use the h3 within the article), be well organized, contain links to further information (articles internal or external to the blog), and a conclusion or a call to action;
- The image of the article should be eye-catching, high quality, lightweight, the right size, and with the alt tag inserted (you can insert this in the title of the image as well)
Do not forget at this stage a series of fundamental aspects for the success of your article:
- The title: must be captivating, respect the promise you make in the content, and capture the attention of the user/reader;
- The description: and the meta description (the one that appears on search engines) must be able to push the person who is looking for something on Google to click on your result and not on that of competitors;
- The images: they must be beautiful and contextualized to the topic addressed in your article;
- Formatting: avoid blocks of text, insert the right bolds, italics, paragraphs, citations (instead of a thousand colors inside the article);
Write a title for an effective post
The headline is the most important part of your article. It is here that you play your cards, it is here that the reader will decide whether to click and read the article, or whether to go somewhere else. I also talked about it in How to Create Effective Headlines? , I suggest you read this article.
Here I want to give you some basic tips for writing an effective title or a magnetic headline, as some marketers say!
You can take advantage of the most effective titles there are online
- The tutorials (how to…., How… and live happily, how…. In 3 steps, the complete guide to…., Definitive guide…., Advanced guide… ..);
- The lists (36 ways to… .., 5 tricks for… .., 10 resources for… .., 6 books to read, 10 games for….);
- The questions (open questions are powerful communication weapons that can capture users’ attention if they are formulated intelligently, for example, do you know how I managed to earn € 30,000 in 10 months with a new blog? Read my book ).