The Universal Account Number (UAN) which has been introduced by the Employees Provident Fund (EPFO) is a 12-digit number. Usually, every employer who is contributing to EPF has a UAN number. With all the processes relating to the Employee Provident Fund being online, UAN Log In or Universal Account Number is the only key using which you can operate the online EPF portal. Your Universal Account Number (UAN) remains the same even if you switch to a new job. If you want to access the EPF portal online, you will require your Universal Account Number. You can easily check your PF account balance, application status, etc. via UAN number.
It is of prime importance that you do not misplace your UAN or your member portal login credentials. Just in case you have forgotten your UAN login password, then there is no need to worry. You can easily reset your UAN login password. Given below is the step-by-step guide to how to change/reset your UAN login password and access your account again.
How to reset/change your EPF Account login password:
- Visit the EPFO Member e-SEWA official online portal and open the Login Page.
- The homepage will appear. Now, you have to click on the ‘Forgot Password’ given on the right-hand side.
- Next, you have to enter the UAN number. Enter the correct captcha code and then you have to click on the submit button.
- Now you have to enter your UAN password again. Also, enter your mobile number linked with your UAN and then click on ‘yes’ to receive the OTP.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on the verify option.
- Once your number has been verified, you will be asked to enter your new login password twice.
- Lastly, click on submit and log in to your EPF account with the new password.
How to update/change UAN password after login:
- Visit the EPFO Member e-SEWA official website and log in to your EPF account using your credentials.
- On the top menu bar, you have to click on the ‘Account’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘change password’ option and now you have to enter your old password. After that enter the new password and confirm your new password again.
- Once this is done, click on ‘update’, and you will receive a notification regarding the password has been changed successfully.
How to change your mobile number in UAN if you forget your password?
- Go to the official EPFO website and then click on the ‘Forgot Password’ option
- Enter your UAN number verify the captcha code and then click on the ‘submit’
- Next you will be given an option whether you want to send the OTP to your old mobile number. Click on ‘NO’ here.
- Next you have to enter your Date of Birth, name, and some other details and then click on verify.
- If the details entered by you are correct, then click on change mobile number. Now, enter the new mobile number and enter the OTP for verification.
- Enter the new password twice and click on ‘Submit’.
- Your new mobile number and password will be successfully updated.
UAN Password Format
The pf balance check number account password must contain at least 7 characters and can be up to a maximum of 20 characters. Your UAN password should be a combination of a minimum of 4 alphabets, at least 2 digits, and one special character such as! @ # $ % ^ & * ). Out of the 4 alphabets, at least one character should be a capital letter and one small letter.
Using the steps mentioned above you can easily reset your UAN password to log in your EPF account.
Read Also:- Is LIC HFL Good For a Home Loan?