QuickBooks Error 1334 is one of the technical issues that can interrupt the workflow of your business. You might be facing the following error message on the screen.
QuickBooks has proved to be a marvelous accounting software when it comes to managing business-related activities. Although, QuickBooks is prone to various technical glitches and error codes. In this post, we are going to tell you about one such error that can stop you from accessing the company file.
Error 1334: The file fails to be installed. Try to insert the CD and retry.
What Does QuickBooks Error 1334 Indicate?
QuickBooks installation error 1334 mainly occurs while updating, installing, or shutting down the QuickBooks software. Additionally, the same error code might display when you are trying to open the company file. With the assistance of this post, you will be able to troubleshoot the issue on your own. Let’s proceed further to know all the possible reasons that might be interrupting your workflow.
Causes Behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1334
- A virus or malware might be leading to QuickBooks installation error 1334.
- When you have deleted some of the important QuickBooks company files, then you have to experience the same error code.
- Because of the corrupted and incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- A corrupted Windows registry may also be a reason behind the error.
How can you resolve QuickBooks Error 1334?
QuickBooks installation error 1334 can be resolved by applying one of the following solutions. To get further assistance, get in touch with our QuickBooks experts.
Solution 1: Do a Clean Installation of MS-Windows
- The first step is to create a backup of all the company data from the computer’s drive.
- Next, uninstall and reinstall Windows and restart the device.
- Use clean install windows to remove the junk and unwanted log files.
Solution 2: Adding or Deleting the QB program
- The initial step is to press the Windows key and open the search box.
- After that, enter MSCONFIG in the search box.
- Next, you need to choose the Boot tab and then click on Safe Boot.
- Choose Network > OK > Restart.
- Now, you need to give permission to the system to run in Safe Mode.
- And then, start up the programs and launch the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Next, you have to launch the QuickBooks software.
- Click on the Help menu and try to update the software.
- Give permission for the software to show the necessary updates.
- Click on the Start menu and then type MSCONFIG and unmark the Safe Mode.
- You are required to restart the system in normal mode.
- Launch the software and install updates.
- Finally, check whether QuickBooks installation error 1334 has been fixed or not.
Solution 3: Try to Fix QuickBooks Error 1334 Manually
- First of all, you have to run the system as an Admin.
- After that, choose the Accessories and Program option.
- Next, click on System Tool and choose Restore.
- And then, you have to select the “Restore my PC with an earlier date” option.
- Choose the Next option and then click on the restoration point list.
- Again, select Next and the recent system restore date.
- At last, you are left with restarting the system.
Solution 4: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks using QB Clean Install Tool
A clean installation is a process that helps users install a fresh copy of QuickBooks without any traces of the previous installation. This eventually helps resolve several errors that appear because of a corrupt QuickBooks installation. Follow the instructions below to quickly clean install your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Search QuickBooks Tool Hub online and open the official Intuit website.
- Download the tool using the relevant download link and run the setup file to begin the installation.
- Following the installation instructions presented by the application installer, complete the installation and run the Tool Hub program from the desktop icon on the desktop.
- Now go to the QuickBooks Installation Issues tab and select QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to begin the clean installation process.
- Complete the clean install process by following the instructions on the screen and re-install QuickBooks with a new installer file.
- Register QuickBooks with the product registration information and check if this resolves error 1334.
Solution 5: Verify QuickBooks Company File Extension
- Open Windows file explorer and navigate to C: \Users \Public \Documents \Intuit\ QuickBooks.
- Check your company file extension it should be (.qbw).
- If your company file has a different extension, then right-click the file and select Rename.
- Remove the incorrect extension of the file and type (.qbw) at the end of the file name.
We expect that one of the aforementioned solutions has helped you in resolving error 1334. There might be instances of getting stuck in errors while applying any of these solutions. If you are also going through the same situation, get connected with our team by dialing a toll-free phone number 1-860-215-2261.